Nightlife in Manhattan
Take Off For an Evening of Escape
With some of the best nightlife in Manhattan located close by, our boutique Theater District hotel is in the perfect spot for people watching, style spotting, and sampling all that New York City bars and clubs are known for. Across the island, the sounds of house, jazz, techno, R&B, soul and rock can be found in towering venues and tucked-away basements alike. Use our guide to some of the best places to go out in New York City and treat yourself to a true Manhattan evening.
NYC Midtown Clubs, Bars and Lounges
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art - A lesser-known attraction of one of the world's best museums, the Roof Garden Cafe and Martini Bar offer guests the chance to savor a martini on the balcony to the sounds of a string quartet, or to enjoy warmer weather on the rooftop bar. Browsing legendary artworks and soaking in the views of Central Park are all part of the charm.
- Birdland - The signature space of jazz legend Charlie Parker, this 1949 establishment at West 44th serves up world-class music performances, not to mention a renowned menu full of mouth-watering Southern classics.
- Flute Midtown - Secluded, classy and perfect for winter nights, this candlelit lounge beckons with champagne, live music, and a former life as a scandalous speakeasy. Located only two blocks from our Theater District accommodations, it's a lovely choice for an intimate evening.
- Hudson Terrace - Boasting a fully retractable roof and several event venues in the heart of Hell's Kitchen, the swank atmosphere of Hudson Terrace serves as a backdrop to classic cocktails, people-watching, and memorable events.
- 48 Lounge - Ideal for high-energy events and gatherings in the heart of Midtown, the specialty cocktails and stellar dining make this one of the hottest destination for out-of-towners looking to experience classic New York City lounge life. For show-goers, the theatres of Broadway and Radio City Music Hall are only moments away.
- 230 5th - New York's largest outdoor rooftop garden and enclosed penthouse lounge, the upscale casual 230 5th has made a name for itself with its live music, spanning an array of 80s, 90s and house.
- La Birreria at Eataly - A Flatiron favorite in winter months, choose from a bouquet of house-made microbrews at the rooftop bar above Mario Batali's bustling marketplace.